Jul 31, 2011

Our Choice!!

This weekend, Brandon and I flew to California to look at apartments. We found some really nice ones which were also either very expensive or very far away! The last apartment we went to turned out to be our choice! It is in San Clemente, about 3-4 miles from Brandon's office. It is also less than a 5 minute walk until your toes get wet at the San Clemente beach!


Our house is not right above the peer but about 4 minutes to the right and then 5 minutes up a hill and through our neighborhood.


 When I first entered the apartment I got a sick feeling in my stomach, the smell, the awful paint job, the flies and the dog hair EVERYWHERE were the first things to make me want to run. Then we noticed that a cupboard door was on the floor, all the fire detectors were missing, and there was dog food in the sink... this is when I was thinking, a 30 minute commute wouldn't be THAT bad would it? Luckily for Brandon (because he wanted this place from the start) when the manager came in he was completely appalled! He had been told that the apartment was move in ready! Once the manager assured us that he would get a cleaning crew in there to do some deep cleaning, replace the screens so bugs could no longer get in, re-paint the walls, replace the fire alarms, AND shampoo the carpets... I found myself getting excited about the place! It really is a cute apartment.

It has a large entry way, a kitchen, living room and dining room downstairs along with a half bathroom. Upstairs there are two bedrooms (the master has a walk in closet :D) and a full bathroom. There is a coin washer and dryer at the back of the 4-plex which we will share with the other tenants and covered parking! Unfortunately Brandon and I both forgot our cameras so all I have are the Craigslist photos but as soon as we move in, I will upload a few more photos. Now all we have to do is wait for our application to be accepted and get the keys!





No comments:

Post a Comment