Jan 20, 2014

One Year Old

Seth Turns One


I can not even begin to explain how fast this year has gone. NEVER in my life can I remember a year that even compares with how fast this past one went. Most the time I can't keep track of what day of the week it is. I have the first day of the week, run with Lara day, run with Cerise day, and the rest just kinda blur together. We have been super busy all year long and I feel like I have grown a ton emotionally, spiritually and in maturity. I have a very clear picture of who I want to be and try really hard to become that person. I have had a lot of successes and a few meltdowns. Brandon has been a champion through it all and works so hard to provide for us and allow me to stay home.




On January 18, 2013 we welcomed our little Seth into our family at 6 lbs and 18" long. We didn't know what his personality would be or how he would change us. We have been blessed beyond measure to have been able to choose our own timeline and means of having our first child and were further blessed by getting such a mild tempered and easy going little guy.


On Saturday, we celebrated his first birthday by inviting all his friends and their families and his family to come "Eat like The Very Hungry Caterpillar." I decorated an area of the park near our house and Seth had a blast with all his friends. When we got home, he was so into all his new toys that we had to pry them away from him to go to bed. After 20 minutes of complaining, we let him go down and play for 10 more minutes before making him go down for the night.
I made this caterpillar with a picture of Seth for each month since he was born.

Little gift bags for everyone to take home full of all the fruit the hungry caterpillar ate in the book


Brandon had the idea to put out copies of the pictures I used for the caterpillar to see if people could put them in order. It got pretty hard toward the end.

I think my favorite part was the balloon caterpillars crawling up the trees near the party.


Caterpillar fruit kabobs

Hungry Caterpillar cupcake-cake!!

I'm quite pleased with myself

I had labels for all the food. Apples, pears, strawberries, cheese cubes, and even pickles!!

Seth likes eating cars so much he decided to let his friend try one.


Getting pictures of kids is painful...

But we will take what we can get!!!

Seth did not eat any of his birthday cake on his own. I gave him a few bites and he did not like it. He tried to pull it out of his mouth but gave up when he realized his hands were covered in frosting. He did, however LOVE squishing it.







He LOVES squishing things!


Seth is, like I said before, a very happy and easy going little guy. He is extremely friendly and his laugh is contagious. Despite his friendly personality, he is a solo player. I try to play with him but it never lasts long because he prefers to play with his cars and other toys by himself. He likes to give hugs and kisses but makes them fast so he can get back to playing. He walks, says ball, mam, da and sometimes "yesh." Seth likes to pick things up that are way too big for him and carry them around. He climbs ladders and climbing walls at the park and can dribble a soccer ball. He prefers hot meals, doesn't much care for sweets, and loves the beach. Seth is a big, sturdy kid and weighed in at 25 lbs and is 31.5" tall putting him in the 95% for height and the 91% for weight.



















And there you have it. A Hungry Caterpillar party for a hungry little one year old!
Thank you, Seth for making our lives so wonderful.



2 comments:

  1. Super Cute! You Did An Excellent Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I am in tears right now!! Not sure why--I guess because he is my grandson and I love him and miss him. And because you are my daughter and I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete