Sep 4, 2011

The Ups and Downs of Life

A week ago Brandon and I said goodbye for 7 weeks! He will remain in California working and I am in Utah student teaching 6th graders in an accelerated program.

The Saturday before I left, Brandon took me on a surprise date! It was SO much fun and a great day! California was having a heat wave which meant it got all the way up to 85 degrees where we live! Brandon does not like planning our dates because he struggles to think of unique things to do, well apparently he is not as bad at it as he thinks because this one was AWESOME! He first took me to the Dana Point harbor and rented us a double kiyak! We rowed around in the ocean and got to watch some surfers and boaters! There were also a lot of pelicans so I was able to see a bird dive into the water to catch a fish for the first time in real life!


Brandon loves taking underwater pictures!


 After our time ran out we headed back to shore and drove up into the cliffs overlooking the ocean! There was a cool lookout point where we ate our lunches. After lunch we walked some wildlife preserve trails and then headed down to the beach. The water was great, and the sun was warm! Later that night, we went out to eat at, my favorite, Panda Express!!! :)


Brandon has been working a little overtime since I've been gone. He is getting more and more used to his job and getting more projects or as they call them "tickets".

I was scared to teach 6th graders! I was not sure if I could handle the awkwardness that goes along with the age. I was also scared because these 6th graders are participating in an accelerated program. They have to test into the class and kids test from 7 different schools, only the best of the best get in! I was afraid I would not be able to teach them!!

Despite my worries, I am really enjoying things! Their teacher was gone on Friday, so I was flying solo the whole day, which included a field trip. I am happy to say that I returned with all 31 students, 1 confiscated yo-yo, and no incidents! The kids are really cute, and although they are very intelligent I have been able to spell every word I have been asked... so far! I can't wait to be finished so I can be back with Brandon but I think I will really enjoy this opportunity!

1 comment:

  1. i haven't been able to spell all of the words i have been asked to spell so far! so you are much better than i am!! p.s. this is nikki

    ReplyDelete